Friday 27 November 2009

Take Your Revelation To The Station

Kumm – Mister Superman

Kumm is a Romanian band which is not very well known outside the country's borders, in spite of its twelve years of musical activity. They have released an album at the end of October, maybe their best album to date, called Far From Telescopes, and the opening song happens to be my current obsession. It starts with a simple guitar line, then you can hear the drums somewhere in the background and after a few more seconds you hear the voice, and you guess from the very first line what it's all about: "We have always been here, we don't wanna fight, the future is so clear, just like a cat in the night". As the song flows, the sound becomes more diversified, with harmonica and tambourine coming in to support the guitar. I listen to it at least once a day, and I haven't got bored yet. On the contrary, I still find myself singing at work the obsessive chorus "It's just another way of falling of the roof if you can watch and see who's choking on your youth". And that's something, considering it has been almost a month since I've heard it for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. For another good track, try "Police". As for the album, I rather think the opposite. If we talk about sicerity and substance, Different Parties beats this one by far.

    ReplyDelete