Wednesday 5 May 2010

Betty, is that Jimmy's ring you're wearing?

When I was just a thirteen year old girl, I used to listen to music on casettes. I'm sure you remember those... right? For me they were the main music sources before the CD era, and long before the MP3 era. On one of my casettes there was a song that intrigued me each time I heard it. It was called Leader of the Pack and the band was Shangri-Las. I rediscovered this song a couple of months ago, and now it comes over and over and over again in my head (the fact that I don't have a computer right now might also play a role, of course). Until a certain point, it is the classical story: boy meets girl, dad meets boy, dad hates boy, girl breaks up boy because dad said so (really now!). It all ends in death. The conclusion? Don't EVER listen to your parents.

Random thought: distorted guitars instead of the actual motorcycle noise would be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment