Friday 19 March 2010

A Rumor In Africa

The NationalTerrible Love

In my world, it’s sheer blasphemy not to play The National’s music on repeat. If a song comes on the player, I listen to it at least twice. Which means less time to listen to other songs/bands. And because time is of essence these days, I’ve been trying to fight it now. I really have albums I should be listening to at least once. Alas, I have failed. I wake up singing it, I feel sorry I don’t have it on my phone, I have to play it before I go to bed. And I don’t even have a decent version of it but the rip of their Jimmy Fallon live. And I now realise I could’ve written one line: Damn them, they’re doing it so right again it hurts!


65daysofstatic Weak4

With these guys, it’s really different. 180 degrees different, even. I always tell myself I should listen to their music carefully but I never do. Weak4, their new single, is probably their first song that got me. It is true what they say, if we were to judge by this little gem, the new album due in April is going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment