Monday 11 January 2010

Far Away


Retribution Gospel Choir strikes again. In my terms it means they've released a new single, called Hide It Away. While we're at this point, I'd like to say that I always have been fascinated by the idea of double personality (by that I mean two very different personalities). No, don't shoot me, I don't want to say Alan Sparhawk is one of those people… but his music certainly gives this impression. When it's about Low, it's like a calm ocean with no storms. When it's about Retribution... back off, a hurricane is coming!

And this single proves this approach to be right. It's the same noisy instrumental we know that seems to have nothing to do with Low's sound at all (at least at first sight). The same I'll-make-you-stand-up-kicking-your-butt-and-making-you-screaming-out-loud vibe. And even if some of you might think of it as the kind of song you hear for the first time and go "I might have heard this before..." it's nevertheless a nice experience and certainly an interesting hint to the next album.

*photo courtesy of Retribution Gospel Choir official site

No comments:

Post a Comment