Sunday 13 December 2009

Lytle Christmas Carol


Grandaddy. Oh how I loved that band. There are already three years since they decided to break up, but silly me still hopes that, one day… Ah, enough whining, that wasn't the purpose of this article. I just wanted to let you know that their ex-singer Jason Lytle just released a Christmas album. And, because it's a Christmas album, it comes as a gift. Yes, darlings, you heard well. This album is free. Free as in "have no remorse, my child; you can download it without paying".

For a moment, I thought I saw Heaven. But then I looked upon Jason's site. There, he described his album as it follows: "I set up some microphones in my living room and recorded about 35 minutes of improvisational piano music". "No vocals?! Oh, how can that be?! That's unfair." However, I still downloaded it, because I am a human being and because human beings are curious, and because it's about me and I am a very curious human being and… whatever, you got it (I hope).

As I was listening Lytle playing piano, I just closed my eyes and thought about snow and fire and a Christmas tree and that beautiful Christmas atmosphere. It seems pathetic, right? Maybe it is… but sometimes I think that the only ones who can be really happy and carefree on Christmas are children. We, the others, are just too preoccupied to buy gifts and food and ornaments to actually feel the atmosphere. We have just moments. Listening to this album might be one of those moments for you. Of course, you will forget about it until next Christmas, but its purpose has been fulfilled.

P.S. For those of you who are more interested about the music thing that the whole Christmas thing: Lytle is working on a new studio album. Stay tuned.

*photo courtesy of Jason Lytle official site

No comments:

Post a Comment