Monday 21 September 2009

This goes up to 11


OK, here’s the deal: I just want a new Strokes album. The ones who know me already know that anything else is rather irrelevant. I don’t care about the Albert Hammond, Nikolai Fraiture and Fab Moretti’s side projects (although it's good stuff), I just daydream about the follow up to ‘First Impression of Earth’. Hearing Julian Casablancas will too make a solo album just gave me the impulse to spam their inboxes with mails threatening them to put out an album together.


Hearing the first single made me rethink this. Not that I don’t care about that album, but Casablancas managed to pull off a fun song. It has his bored ragged voice, it has an 80’s synth, it has a very funky bass line and it has what I love the most about Strokes – Julian’s clever observation of the modern world. And this is about when me (and the rest of us Strokes fanatics) somehow forget about the Strokes album and daydream about the new solo project of one of the band’s members.


And, by the way… Hey, Valensi, when are you making an album alone? It’s about time, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment